Sunday, January 31, 2016

14 Day Challenge

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. I think it is a stupid holiday. In college, my friend and I used to call it That Black Day. I largely ignore it. However, I do appreciate 50% off chocolate the next day. Valentine's Day seems to me to be less about love and more about romance. I am not an especially romantic person. I just have a hard time appreciating it. It is all well and good in books and movies, but real life is just not always like the stories.

Romance may not be big on my list, but love is an entirely different matter. I believe in love. Love is important. I am taking the  "Love One Another: 14-day Challenge"


"Love is not about one day, it is about everyday."

I already believe that I am doing most of these things. Sometimes those things we do in small ways everyday are ignored. Perhaps in paying attention to one thing each day I can determine if I really am doing as well as I thought. Maybe then I can improve my capacity to love. We'll see. Anything that could potentially improve my capacity to love cannot be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment