Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day One

Yesterday, my sister Kaysie had a baby. Her name is Kaydin. She weighed a little over 6 pounds and measured 18 inches long. My dad sent me a couple of pictures. She is lovely. Nice chubby cheeks. Babies should have chubby cheeks. I did really want to be there. It is at moments like this that I wish the families lived closer. Now we are waiting on Jamie's baby.

My friend's daughter is spending the week with us. She'll be with us for the week. So far, so good. But any child can be good for one day. I'm sure it will be a bit of a culture shock for her. She is an only child. Now she is in a house with many children. She is sharing. Sharing chores. Sharing space. Sharing time. It's not anything I've thought about too much. We have kids and it just is what it is. My friend must have thought about it. She told me to include her daughter in the chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment