Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Day After the Next Day

You know, if I read my own blog I'd know which day it was supposed to be. Yesterday was such a blur. All the beautiful spring weather and my mother coming to visit gave me two reasons to want my house to be sparkly clean. Clutter is not the big things that can be easily picked up (or shoveled). Clutter is all the little things that congregate at the edges: Legos, crumbs, bits of paper, pebble of mysterious origins. The children managed to get the big stuff out of the way. I spent all my time tackling the details. It is easy to get lost in the details.

The girls had an extra room to do. They had a mud party. Holy cow! They were covered head to toe with mud. They certainly enjoyed themselves. I made them hose down outside before they came inside, but still, there was a lot of mud. They managed to get it all over the bathroom. I was assured they would clean up the mess. I think I want a refund on that guarantee.

Mom and Chandler arrived safely. I'm always glad to have my family visit. I wish Mom could stay longer. She is leaving this afternoon. I'm a little worried about her travelling. There is snow in the forecast. Snow! In Texas! In March! The weather weirdness continues. I'm glad I didn't put all my plants out this week. The weather seemed perfect for it, but I'm glad I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment