Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day



Do you realize how wonderful technology is? We got to Skype with Daniel. What a miracle to see his face and to hear his voice. Kermit hooked my laptop up to the TV so we got to see his face in a big, big way. It was fantastic. When I was in high school I would regularly write to a friend who was serving in Mexico. It was fun to practice my Spanish. We wrote a few times over the two years he was gone. Letters are slow. I get to communicate with my boy every week via email. And to be able to see him and to hear him. Just awesome. He looked and sounded good. His companion was in the background. Every now and then Daniel would rattle off some Portuguese. He even forgot a word in English. Couldn't think of what the room was called he was using. I believe the word he was searching for was "office". The connection only froze a couple of times. Sometimes it was hard to hear him.  I just didn't care. It was too, too wonderful to see him. He did have a list of requests. If anyone wants to send a care package, these are the items that are desired:

poprocks
Nutella (He says it's crazy expensive.)
M&M's
Snickers
Peanut Butter (It doesn't exist in Brazil)
Sour Patch Kids
Gobstoppers/jawbreakers
Jelly beans
sunflower seeds
candy canes
His companion would like a Dallas Cowboys t-shirt

His address:

Elder Daniel Monzingo
Av. Nazaré, 532 Sala 412 4º Andar
Nazaré Royal Trade Center
66035-135 Belém - PA
Brazil


Even though we just talked to him, we still got a weekly email. It is very short.

SO firstly Mother´s day. Mother´s day is a great day. Without said
people. We don´t exsist. I think that people that don´t understand
that need to start school again probably from kindergarten cause
Nothing happens without moms. But speaking of which I got to talk to
mine yesterday through skype. Her and the rest of my family. Except
Joe. You guys should totally encourage him to talk to me. Cause yeah.
It´s good to talk to family. But Anyway we also had a service project
this week that was cool. We filled like six dump trucks with trash and
assorted tree bits and whatnot. It was the last of these service
projects to clean up the different neighborhoods in the city. But it
went really well. But there should be more projects somewhat realated
to it I think. But yeah. This week our family Edilson, Valda, Thayan,
and Thais were confirmed. That was awesome. I really hope everything
goes well for them. If I dont get some news in about a year About them
heading to the temple and being sealed that would suck. But yeah
that´s it. I love all you guys.
Oh. And pictures. We got pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment