Thursday, April 28, 2016

Questions

The latest from our missionary:

This week was good. We had some people disappear and others that surprised us, or at least me. And we´ve been making different foods and things too. Saturday night I made pancakes except they weren´t thick cause they don't like me. And I discovered this thingy in our house when I got there that has some recipes on it for different things. But it has this one for syrup that I was like, eh why not try it out. Only, I realized after I had made it and put it on the pancakes that really it was a recipe not for syrup but for caramel really. So yeah. It tasted good, just that it stuck to your teeth a lot. So if some feels like tossing some sort of syrup recipe or something in an email and sending it in this direction I would with certainty greatly appreciate it.

We had a lot of people in church this week it was rather cool. But there´s one family we´ve had for a
while that should hopefully get baptized this week if nothing goes crazy on us or them. But We also met some other people that are really awesome. Some people may think that it´s annoying or something alike when people ask questions but the truth of the matter is it is way way way better when people have doubts and questions and actually ask them. Because then you have the opportunity to respond to them and such and really the whole helping them works better. Things work
better with questions. Like really. Always have a question about things that you want answered. Then find where the answer is, scriptures, prayer the like. You learn a lot more and can really progress if you question things. Now I´m not advocating skepticism or anything like that, theree becomes a point when questioning everything is just unhealthy but having questions and not knowing everything is
OK. If you don´t know something then go and ask people about it or look it up in a book. Not necessarily the internet, you never know what odd thing you might run into there.

But yeah. I love you guys. Stay safe. Send syrup. In emails. With instructions on how to make it.
That´s kinda my question right now. That´s probably gonna go unanswered for a week. So yeah.



This is the syrup recipe I've used for years. I can't believe I never taught him to do this. super easy. I sent it to him right away.

Brown Sugar Syrup

1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup water

Combine water and sugar in small pan. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 tsp maple or vanilla extract. The butter and the extracts are not strictly necessary, but it makes the syrup tasty. Maple is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment