Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow

It's snowing in Texas. There isn't more than an inch on the ground with a few more flurries falling down. Snow happens so infrequently here, that each occurence is remarkable. What makes it even more notable is the fact that this is not the only snow we've had. The weather has gone crazy.

I thought about waking the kids to see the snow. It was a brief thought. They would be grumpy. Besides, I'm enjoying the quiet. This is my favorite time of day. Everything is still. Except for the cats that want to be fed and the chickens that want to be let out of the coop. But they can wait and I can sit. I can sit with my cup of chamomile and watch the day gradually grow brighter (no sunrise today with all the clouds). I can sit and read or think. When I get my quiet early mornings, I know the day is going to be good.

Today is going to be very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment