Thursday, April 30, 2009

Out of the Box

Facebook has a lot of quizzes. They are silly, somewhat fun and embarrassingly addictive. I've taken way too many quizzes. I now know that I am an existential, moderately liberal, pheglmatic hobbit. Who knew?

These personality defining quizzes are interesting. I don't put that much faith in the accuracy of the results. However, I do spend a lot of time trying to figure myself out. There is something comforting in knowing parameters. I know the limits. I know how to work within my little box.

On the other hand, nobody likes to be labeled. Confined to one view. The security of the boundaries sometimes give way. There is freedom. I break free from others expectations. I redefine my edges as I learn more. I learn more about myself, about others, about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment