Sunday, April 12, 2009

Life's Too Short For Uncomfortable Shoes

On Easter Sunday, little girls all over put on their lovely new dresses and shiny new shoes. Hair brushed and faces washed they march off to church. This morning Sarah put on her soft pink dress with the smocking and the ribbon roses. Her hair is brushed. Her face is washed. It is time to go and she gets her pink boots. Pink snow boots with a lovely pink Easter dress. I'm not sure if they were the first pair she had. Or maybe she was matching her shoes to her dress. I think they were just comfortable. They are soft and warm and cozy. They are easy to put on. They are water repellant.

I put on high heels. They looked fine with my outfit. They had a chunky not-too-high heel. Nice neutral color. They were not painful to wear. I've owned some shoes that looked fabulous, but were torture to wear. To get back to the point. My shoes were not bad, but neither were they great. I found myself wishing for my fuzzy slippers or bare feet or Sarah's boots.

Shoes are not my favorite thing. I don't like shopping for shoes. I don't like trying to get the right shoe for the right outfit. I don't really like wearing shoes unless I really have to. That is not to say that I hate shoes. I've found some that I love. Once I tried on a pair of knee-high high-heeled red leather boots. Wow. Those were awesome. Unfortunately, the budget did not allow it at that time. I still regret not getting those boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment