Sunday, November 26, 2017

30 Days of Gratitude

Thanksgiving has come and gone. We gathered together the day after traditional Thanksgiving Day. The kids protested a bit. But really, any day is good for gathering family and being grateful. I am especially grateful that all my children were present and that my mother could come and that my bother also was present. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was busy eating and enjoying people.

Look. Good Food.

And good company.

Saturday was family picture day. We spent time at Kaufman Lakes park. I'm not sure that they actually qualify as lakes. Daniel calls them glorified ponds. There are two bodies of water, whatever title a person wants to give them. They did prove to be a nice location for a photo shoot. I think the kids actually had a good time. Kermit might have even had fun, but he wouldn't dare admit it.

My pics aren't as good as my mom's, but that wasn't really the point.







I saw this on Facebook.

 I wish I had seen it at the beginning of November. I've been so abundantly blessed. I feel that I should express some of what I am grateful for. I like this list because it acknowledges the small and simple things. I'll try to list a few. 

1. What smell are you grateful for today? There are a lot of smells I like, but today I thought first about wood smoke. Wood smoke is a smell of Autumn when temperatures finally drop enough for a fire. It can also mean campfires. I like camping. I like roasted marshmallows and hot dogs that are slightly burnt. 

2. Which technology are you grateful for? The home computer. I've participated in my share of frivolous computer activities but I have also accomplished a great deal of work. It has also afforded me the ability to keep in contact with friends and family that live far away.

3. What color are you grateful for? How am I supposed to pick one? I love colors. The orange, yellow and pinks of a Texas sunset. The green of forest trees and fresh Spring grass. The deep purple of midnight sky and the brilliant blue of a summer day. I don't know how to pick one.

4. What tool are you grateful for? The pocket multi-tool my uncle gave me one year for Christmas. I've had it over 20 years and it is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment