Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Aftermath

So, we've had time to use get to know our Christmas gifts. This is what has been decided:

Games - thumbs way up. Especially the two versions of Clue (Harry Potter and Secrets & Spies)

Pictures, picture book and custom calendar from Mom - ALWAYS awesome.

Christmas Butter Bell - cute and functional. Love it.

Christmas cash - seriously needed that. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Baby Alive - Jury is still out. Elizabeth was a little freaked out after she discovered that this baby doll actually poops. "It's not what I thought it was going to be" she said.

Speaking of babies - Sarah loves, loves, loves all her baby dolls and accessories and Elizabeth's pooping doll.

Cars - Jacob is in car heaven. "My cars" he tells everyone.

Cameras for two oldest kids - They like them. Hannah has taken about a bazillion pics and videos.

The beautiful box of goodies from my sister - OK, Sis, this box was fabulous. All the bath stuff was my favorite. The chocolates shaped like shells, never buy them again. They are vile.
The kids greatly coveted the decorative glass 'diamonds'. Elizabeth liked them so much and was such a big help when we got home that I let her keep one.

Now, the key chain that beeps so that you can always find your keys. Good idea in theory. However, the stupid thing won't stop beeping. Very annoying.

When I think on this Christmas, I can't help but feel gratitude. My friends and family have been so remarkably generous and thoughtful. I wish that I could've done more for them. But I feel that always. I can never seem to do enough for them.

Here we are at a New Year. I feel inspired to show more kindness. I want to do more to show the depth of my affection for my family. I hope that I can be better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment