Monday, September 18, 2017

The Weekly Newsletter

I don't hate Mondays. How could I when it is the day we hear from Elder Monzingo. He did ask about our dog, Annie. One of his previous companions got news that the family dog had died. A month or two after the fact. Our Little Ann is just fine. A little grayer and a little slower than she used to be, but fine. I promised that I would let him know if anything happened. He said not to worry. There is not too much time before he is home anyway. We still haven't heard the details on exactly what time and day he will be arriving. That is driving me to distraction. I just really, really, really want to know. In the meantime, let us enjoy the weekly update from Brazil.


So Yesterday we had lunch with a member family that is visiting from Pennsylvania. Unfortunately I don't have pictures. But they have family that lives here. Actually well, Brother Ricardo is from here. But they have these 2 boys, 9 & 6, Which were rather excited about being able to REALLY talk to someone that wasn't their parents, cause like, they speak Portuguese, but not really that well. And they were super talkative, they honestly reminded me a lot of Jacob. It was kinda funny though, cause I looked at my companion who was just looking super lost. But it was also funny cause my English was not at all totally right. And I kept wanting to speak more Portuguese than English. I'd start talking in Portuguese and then had to remind myself to speak English. SO yeah. 

But the week was rather good. we actually ended up being pretty busy. We are preparing some awesome people for baptism for this week. There is this one man Denaelson. He is awesome. We were able to visit him yesterday and during the week we hadn't gotten to because neither one of our schedules were working out, He gave a rather powerful testimony of repentance and how both he and his desires have changed. We were rather impressed. He had been having some problems more recently with alcohol abuse and we weren't expecting that much change seeing as how we hadn't been able to follow him up and help him make those changes. That just goes to show that when people want to they really can and will go after repentance. 

I'm also sending off some pictures I got just now that happened a while ago, One was the community marriage we went to and then the baptism we had the  next day, as well as the ice cream we bought later on (FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN MINT ICE CREAM HERE AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!) then on a p-day we did with some other companionships in the zone we went to a bridge thing and I'm skinny enough to fit through the bars one the safety thing above the river(guess which river) And on a rock there, welll....I just think that the picture is funny. Like this other one from my last area. Love y'all.








No comments:

Post a Comment