Sunday, April 1, 2012

Long Time, No See

Hello, blog. Haven't been here in awhile. In a very looong while. Sorry about that. You see, you are called "Laughing Monzingos" and I just couldn't find anything to laugh about. Life has been more challenging of late. All I could see were the problems and none of the joys. Really, that is where I was wrong.
It is precisely when we have great challenges that we should look for the bright spots. Actually, those challenges can be the bright spots. It's hard to see when you are in the middle of it. It's hard to be at peace. The temptation to say "WHY ME?" is great. Perhaps the answer to that universal question is, "Why NOT me?'
Trials in life make us look at paths we may not have considered before. They make us grow and stretch. Even though we don't want it. And most times when you are in the middle of your trials, you REALLY don't want it.
Maybe I needed to learn more patience or compassion. Maybe I needed to consider my talents in a new way. I don't know. But I do know that our family has been incredibly blessed. Somehow, we've managed to get by. I've seen remarkable examples of service from friends and family. I can even say that we've had some miracles. So, maybe while it wasn't laugh out loud funny. I do have plenty to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment